Saturday 28 May 2011

Let Them Eat Cake! Burlesque style...

   OK, I found out that the 21st is going to be held at a burlesque style bar and lounge, so I made some changes and here is the new board for the "let them eat cake" party.



 


   I went to the website for the bar and got my hands on some of their images--that's the top image on the board, one of the private areas. It seemed that she wanted more pink then I had originally planned so I took inspiration from this photo and pulled hot, bold pinks and sumptuous purples straight from it. The rest of the bar is heavily detailed with gold filigree and edges so gold is now the shiny metallic of choice and their needs to be something else to break up the candy floss girlyness, so I threw in some black as a non-pink that doesn't draw away from the chosen colour. Still going with a handfull of cakes, but only one will be full scale, a couple will be small and the others will be faux cakes--icing over foam blocks. I really like the new edgier style, less froo froo, and more funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment