Wednesday 18 May 2011

Chloe's enchanted forest cupcakes

   OK, I wasn't going to do a post today because I really wanted to go straight to Spiderman, but I'm to wiped after the Superhero post to do another huge one. But I can't help feeling guilty, so here is a mini post for you...


   Chloe is a friend of mine who I used to work with and while we were working together, she turned 18. I may, or may not have gotten excited instantly... In the end I decided on trying out a piping technique I had been studying on YouTube that turned regular cuppies into roses! With the idea firmly planted in my head to do roses, and the birthday girl's favourite colour being purple, I then worked it up a bit till I ended up with an enchanted forest theme. A plain black wire stand and some branches of beads and crystals in matching black and I had an awesome base for my rose garden.


   I was so happy with these and roses turned out to be so easy, just gotta relax and not freak out at the slightest bump. These were the first cuppies I went a bit over the top with the sparkles, but I still think they could have used more! The first one I finished icing was paraded around the house for a good half hour, I was that proud...

   That's all, I'll get back to Spiderman on the morrow!


P.S.
   Just one more, this was the first, the one that was paraded...

1 comment: