Saturday 14 May 2011

Double choc brownie cupcakes

   I may have mentioned a time or two that I love cupcakes... While going through my photos I found these. Double choc brownie cupcakes with vanilla frosting. I don't even remember when I made these, but gosh darn it, they tasted good!

{I love this Ikea cake stand}

   At some point I had the amazing idea of putting a half inch of brownie mix in the bottom of the cupcake and then topping it up with my very best chocolate cake recipe. Everybody was blown away by the awesomeness, although there was--and still is--some in fighting about how much is the correct amount of brownie to cake ratio. Seeing as how there was already quite a lot of strong chocolate going on, I frosted them in the lightest coating of plain vanilla butter cream frosting and had heaps of fun piping chocolate into little swirls for the top.

   Well, that's pretty much all I can write this late on a Saturday night,
hopefully I won't go too many days without posting something. I'll leave you with a cupcake close up...

No comments:

Post a Comment