Tuesday 11 October 2011

Father's Day

   Father's day came and went, amidst the mayhem that was September I even made time for dad cakes. Both were coffee cake with plain butter cream frosting and fondant. I shamelessly used these two cakes to try and figure out how to cover a cake with a single sheet of fondant. I think I did alright, what creases were left I disguised with decorations and no one even noticed.

   First I decorated my future father in law's cake, which is why its a little more thick looking and less delicate. I also went with a more cartoony decoration because he is the father to five kids and I thought it would look fun.


    The second cake was for my own father and I rolled the fondant a bit thinner which is why it has crisper edges. I wanted to have a little fun playing with a more mature design and also practice my piping, so I took inspiration from the classic Wedgwood collection. And yet again I couldn't help putting bling on a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment